Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Shaftmasters driveshaft issue resolved
SC_Kona_Bl-
ue
Administrator
Post Shaftmasters driveshaft issue resolved
on: February 24, 2012, 18:40

You will read it here first folks.

http://v6mustangperformance.com/news/shaftmasters-3-7l-mustang-driveshaft-issues-resolved/

Thanks again to Frank R for his contribution to the v6 community!

Remember to "like" the news and articles. The button is at the bottom.

- If you like an article, click it!

regalt87
Stage 4
Post Re: Shaftmasters driveshaft issue resolved
on: February 24, 2012, 22:39

Wow, what a great company. Nice to know there are still some around like this. Nice job guys.

Smike
Stage 4
on: February 25, 2012, 10:48

Great to see it all come together.

A few undercased Shaftermasters in there :) Might need some S's.

SC_Kona_Bl-
ue
Administrator
on: February 25, 2012, 17:50

Ok I made some Big S's

hogasswild
Stage 3
on: February 26, 2012, 22:24

They speak specifically about the auto, but were changes also made for 6mt cars?

Ltngdrvr
on: February 26, 2012, 22:41

I'm sure changes were for both.

westcoasts-
c
Stage 4
on: February 27, 2012, 10:35

The automatic driveshafts have a longer tube length than the 6M, so these benefited the most from the modification. This is due to the fact that the critical RPM is based on tube length. That being said, lessons learned from this analysis and modification were applied across the board to all driveshafts.

wrxified
Stage 4
on: February 27, 2012, 22:08

Quote from westcoastsc on February 27, 2012, 10:35
The automatic driveshafts have a longer tube length than the 6M, so these benefited the most from the modification. This is due to the fact that the critical RPM is based on tube length. That being said, lessons learned from this analysis and modification were applied across the board to all driveshafts.

I'm confused by this. According to Fordparts, Tousley Ford Parts and my local dealer, the Auto and MT both use the same driveshaft. My dimensions that I provided to The Driveshaft Shop (actually provided by Glenn), then verified by me were identical to the ones that Hector @ CFM provided them. He's driving a manual, I'm a MT. My stock driveshaft I sent to The Driveshaft Shop was the same as all other measurements.

EDIT: I confirmed with Bob @ Shaftmasters that the driveshaft for auto and MT is the same. They use the different part numbers to help keep records on what type of vehicle it's being used on. Smart way to do it actually.

For the record I've mentioned this before but it's worth mentioning again. My Shaftmasters driveshaft, like Glenn's, has been absolutely trouble free from day one. I've done over 10 high speed dyno pulls with the supercharger installed and probably well over 100 runs at my local track. Half of them on DOT racing slicks. Also like Glenn's car, my stock DM flywheel completely gave up on me separating the front and back halves completely. The driveshaft held out though.

I'm excited that Bob has re-released the V6 driveshaft. I shared with him from the beginning that I was somewhat frustrated that they pulled it off the market because I think we need more vendors wanting to do business in our market, not less.

westcoasts-
c
Stage 4
on: February 28, 2012, 09:07

No Andrew, I also consulted my Ford dealer. I believe what he meant was effective length of the two piece OEM driveshaft as installed, even though the same P/N is used. So in effect the length of the tube, once it slides out to mate to the rear end and transmission is longer. As I have not personally measured both driveshafts in the installed condition, I should have mentioned that this information was here say and not empirical.

SC_Kona_Bl-
ue
Administrator
on: February 28, 2012, 16:42

I sent my old SM unit back at the request of SM. They are going to retrofit it. I will post pictures once I reinstall it.

Smike
Stage 4
on: February 29, 2012, 06:45

Glenn and I spoke about this yesterday too. SM is recommending I do the same with the racing I do.

westcoasts-
c
Stage 4
on: February 29, 2012, 08:22

Let us know how your new driveshafts differ from the old ones. This is great news that Shaftmasters is offering to replace their older design.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.714 seconds.