Watch the new Performance Packaged Mustang in Action
The Performance Package on this 2011 Kona Blue Mustang really tears up the racetrack.
The larger brakes and Pirelli tires help this mustang to run some terrific times. The grip was amazing to experience. Watch the video and see for yourself. The GoPro camera captures it all.
The Performance Package includes numerous suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades to deliver unparalleled handling performance. That road-holding is helped by a near-equal front/rear weight distribution, providing exceptional transient response along with the car’s slimmed-down curb weight of less than 3,500 pounds.
2011 Mustang Performance Package upgrades include:
* A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
* Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
* Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
* Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
* Unique 19-inch wheels
* Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
* Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
* A strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
* Unique electronic stability control calibration with Sport mode for performance driving
* Unique badging
The 2011 Mustang V-6 Performance Package will be available beginning late next summer, built at the Auto Alliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. The new 3.7-liter V-6 will be built at Ford’s retooled Cleveland Engine Plant No. 1.