Besides the 19inch black wheels the Performance Package includes numerous suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades to deliver unparalleled handling performance. That road-holding is helped by a near-equal front/rear weight distribution, providing exceptional transient response along with the car’s slimmed-down curb weight of less than 3,500 pounds.
2011 Mustang Performance Package upgrades include:
* A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
* Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
* Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
* Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
* Unique 19-inch wheels
* Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
* Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
* A strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
* Unique electronic stability control calibration with Sport mode for performance driving
* Unique badging
The 2011 Mustang V-6 Performance Package became available around August of 2010, built at the Auto Alliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. The new 3.7-liter V6 will be built at Ford’s retooled Cleveland Engine Plant No. 1.