2011 V6 Mustang Performance Package
Besides the 19inch black wheels the Performance Package includes numerous suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades to deliver unparalleled handling performance. That road-holding is helped by a near-equal front/rear weight distribution, providing exceptional transient response along with the car’s slimmed-down curb weight of less than 3,500 pounds.
2011 Mustang Performance Package upgrades include:
* A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration (Better than a 2.73 but a 3.73 rear gear will drop your MPG by 4-5)
* Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars (I tested a non PP V6 Car and the diameter was the same)
* Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs (Maybe a 5% improvement?!? Not as much as aftermarket)
* Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm (Still rubber bushings and stamped steel)
* Unique 19-inch wheels (The First real difference in the whole package)
* Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
* Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads (The pads are still street, as well as the calipers and rotors)
* A Strut Tower brace for increased body rigidity (Same as Boss Bar)
* Unique electronic stability control calibration with Sport mode for performance driving (The 2nd real difference in the whole package)
* Unique badging (Meh)
The 2011 Mustang V-6 Performance Package became available around August of 2010, built at the Auto Alliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. The new 3.7-liter V6 will be built at Ford’s retooled Cleveland Engine Plant No. 1.
The only two real changes are the wheels and the 1 stability control setting. If you are planning on upgrading most of these parts then you many not want to pay extra for a PP Mustang.