I have been keeping an eye and ear out for new 2011 V6 exhaust systems, and not long ago Roush released their new exhaust system for the 2011 V6 Mustang. While this is not a full review but a posting of their news release I am very interested in knowing how these will sound and perform.
This set up is made from 409 stainless steel and features an open-chambered design that provides improved flow and a more aggressive sound. The system installs using the factory hangers and no other modifications are necessary. Two versions are available including one that works with the stock rear valence and one with square exhaust tips that fits with the Roush rear valence.
You can see all the details below as well as hear a few sound clips.
* Adds an aggressive sound to the normally stealthy V6
* Uses 409 stainless steel in the construction of the pipes and mufflers to provide long lasting durability
* ROUSH exclusive open-chambered design that provides better flow and will not deteriorate over time unlike the fiberglass roving material used in traditional glass packs which have a tendency to deteriorate which changes the exhaust note
* Exhaust tips are constructed from 304 stainless steel with a unique chrome flashing process eliminating chrome peeling
* Installation is quick and easy, and uses all factory hanger locations and pierce points
* No modifications to the vehicle are necessary
* 2011 V6 Mustang Exhaust with Round Tips Kit (Part #421145) – $449.00
(For cars with the factory rear valance)
* 2011 V6 Mustang Exhaust with Square Tips Kit (Part #421144) – $489.00
(For cars with the ROUSH rear valance)
* 2011 V6 Mustang Exhaust with Square Tips Plus ROUSH Rear Valance Combo (Part #421154 – $644.00