Do you have your Mustang fully equipped for its days on the road? Does not matter where you are going or how long the trip is, there are just some things that are essential to have read at all times.
My 2011 v6 Mustang’s name is Trinity, inspired by the Matrix character. Trinity’s trunk includes the standard factory equipment for a flat tire. For the 2011’s, Ford included a fix-a-flat and air compressor. There are a few extra things you may want to add that will prove important one day.
- Jumper Cables – You never know when you may need to help someone out! There will also come a day where you might leave your lights on!
- Ice Scraper – Not always necessary in Florida, but I keep one on hand anyway.
- Large Trunk Organizer (mine is actually a medium one) – Protects the trunk interior from potential messes from shopping. It also contains everything else in the vehicle from scattering everywhere.
- Fleece Blanket – Nap anyone? Could be handy for working on that flat tire…
- Basic Toolbox – Once again, this is a safety net.
- Sneakers or comfy shoes, socks – All right girls, you know those days, you’re wearing heels and then something happens and you have to check up on your beloved ‘Stang. Working on the car for few minutes in those attention-grabbing shoes might be okay…but if I have to wait for a tow truck, I’m putting on my Nike’s!
- Hat – Summer day shade. Enough said, especially for my fellow Floridians.
- Tire Pressure Gauge – Do you want good gas mileage? Check you tire pressure often!
- Large California Duster – Okay. I take precious time to wash, wax, detail, and make sure that Trinity is gorgeous. This tool will help extend the time between washings…maybe. No matter what, I want a quick way to “clean” my pride and joy.
- Gallon of Water – Hydration is a must! I’m an aspiring fitness athlete and this is VERY important all the time. If my normal bottle or gallon of water spills or I happen to be out of luck, I’ll always be able to stay on my hydration schedule. No excuses!
Now on to the interior; what do you need in here? Again, here is my list of essentials for the main cabin of my Mustang.
- Personal Hygiene – Hand Sanitizer, Hand Lotion, Lotion, Floss (yes, I said floss), chapstick, lip gloss, gum, Wet Ones, etc.
- Organizer – You need something to put all of the above in! The glove compartment and center console will not hold everything.
- Interior duster – This is a quick way to clean the dashboard.
- Microfiber towel – I keep one of these in my mustang to clean the dashboard and interior. Before using it, I saturated it with my favorite detailer for the interior plastics.
- MP3 player – I always have one charged and ready to go. I love cruising to my favorite music. Don’t forget the auxiliary cable too!
- Radar Detector – This was purchased before I bought my mustang knowing full well that it would be needed to drive it home!
- Map – Imagine it, blackberry phone is dead, questionable area, no GPS, what do you do? I have an Atlas in my car at all times. There’s a security and peace of mind that it brings me that I cannot describe! You’ll never know if and when it might come in handy!
- Chargers, Converters, Inverters – Make sure to have whatever types of these that you could possibly need. It will help you keep your most safety-essential and informative electronics working at all times.
- Folder for Documents – Keep this in your glove box to hold your registration and proof of insurance. Never say, “One moment officer, I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.”
- Journal – Record everything regarding improvements and maintenance on your vehicle. This will be helpful when or if you decide to sell your precious 2011 Mustang. Keep in the glove box.
Being this prepared might be considered obsessive; however, it is always nice to know that you have close to everything that you might need to most situations.
This is a list of what you need to keep in you 2011 v6 Mustang at all times if it is your daily driver.
Author: Lisa (Trinity2011)